Saturday, May 9, 2009

Benny Gets His Diagnosis

Tracheomalacia - Tracheomalacia is a condition of the neonatal and infant airway characterized by weakness of the supporting tracheal cartilage and widening of the posterior membranous wall.
This post is necessary just to end the "book of Benny". I know Beth has been in contact with most of the family so this is just a condensed version.
This diagnosis was determined by a bronchial scope done on Friday. Benny is also dealing with gastroesophageal reflux. Bottom line, the doctors believe he will eventually outgrow both these conditions, perhaps in a year or two or a bit longer. In the meantime, the challenge is to keep him healthy, and get his development back on track.
Hopefully, this will be my last Benny post. It has been therapeutic for me, and a good resource for keeping everyone in the loop. And, I will be happy to post other family news as I hear it through the grapevine.

No comments:

Post a Comment