Saturday, April 11, 2009

Benny Update

I spoke to Beth about an hour ago. Benny is on oxygen and has an IV, which I think is for his daily dose of steroids; and he has a nebulizer. They have ruled out anything environmental and are looking at anatomical and metabolic. They are waiting for the appointment for the cat scan which she hopes will be soon. In the meantime, it appears that he does have some fluid and "crackles" in his lungs. Beth is holding him almost constantly, and puts him down when he is sleeping. As far as the accuracy of my information, I believe I am telling it as Beth tells me. If I have misinterpreted anything, we will confirm later. Beth seems calm and hopeful. Ben, Sahna and Madeline are scheduled to visit today. It is a 6 hour drive for me to visit them but I am thinking about it as I do believe they could be there awhile. Hey, where is HOUSE ( Dr. House ) when you need him. And this is such a worry for me - must be the Grandma thing, because I am truly worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment